Gain & Maintain Optimal Health
Age management is a scientifically sound medical approach that treats aging as a manageable process. This anti-aging approach does not claim to increase longevity or reverse aging at the cellular level. Rather, our certified staff will help you gain and maintain optimal health through an integrated approach that focuses on weight management, nutrition, exercise, lifestyle changes, and hormone optimization. Meanwhile, our physicians will provide you with a thorough evaluation and devise a personalized plan based on your age management goals, health status, and disease risk.
Preventive Age Management Profile
(approx. 5 hours)
Phase 1: Fitness Assessment.
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) test to determine the basal calories your body burns to maintain itself at rest
- DEXA Body composition and bone density/osteoporosis screening calculations
- Biodex Balance System to measure your balance
- Cardiometabolic Performance Test on treadmill or cycle to measure key data including peak VO2, anaerobic threshold, and identification of optimal exercise heart rate levels
- Cardiometabolic Health Risk Summary to identify health risks and areas in which your range of risk is stratified to low, moderate, or high
- Cognitive Stability Index to measure memory, attention, processing, and response speed
Phase 2: Session with our doctor, Bright McConnell, III, MD.
During this appointment, Dr. McConnell will go over your fitness, nutrition, and lab results, and can discuss a plan of action. Dr. McConnell will also provide you with two written reports:
- Risk Profile & Prevention Summary: A report that describes your lab results and indicates health risks or areas of risk.
- Prevention Action Plan: A summary of treatment recommendations including hormonal replacement and nutritional supplement recommendations.
Once you are aware of your body’s needs and potential, the next step is to have Dr. McConnell and his staff prescribe and monitor your proposed program and/or hormone therapy by enrolling in one of two FitMed Partners Programs: Preventive Age Management and/or Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Preventive Age Management Program
FitMed Partner’s Preventive Age Management Program is for individuals who wish to have access to our Dietician and Exercise Physiologist in monitoring a nutrition and fitness plan. In addition, Dr. McConnell will prescribe and monitor any hormone and medications discussed in the Preventive Age Management Profile. The Age Management Program is recommended for those patients who would like to jumpstart their preventive age management process.
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
FitMed Partner’s Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Program is designed to guide patients through mid-life physical and hormonal changes. Our programs are uniquely designed for both our female and male patients and include BHRT prescriptions and supplements and nutraceutical recommendations when indicated.