Full-time X-ray Tech and Medical Assistant position open for hire. Send resumes to Pam McConnell at email@example.com.
The essential job functions include:
- Responsible for patient check in to clinical area and ensure that they are ready for examination (removing or changing appropriate clothing, removal of bandages, shoes, etc.)
- Ensure efficiency of patient check in, examinations, and X-rays.
- Perform X-Ray, DXA, and ultrasound studies as per above.
- Ensure that X-Ray images are delivered to exam rooms in timely manner.
- Ensure that any MRI studies are ready to be viewed.
- Maintain clinical records by entering health history data and current meds/allergies into EMR.
- Ensure MIPS in medical records is complete.
- Ensure that any prescriptions/referrals given to patient are in EMR system or copied for scanning into EMR.
- Prepare medical trays, ultrasound, casting material, and DME’s as necessary for appropriate patient care.
- Assist, as necessary, with patient exams and ultrasound procedures.
- Schedule or facilitate scheduling of follow-up studies (such as MRI’s) or physical therapy treatment with appropriate provider and patient.
- Ensure that front office has record of all appropriate billable supplies.
- Ensure that all exam rooms are appropriately equipped with necessary medical supplies and ready for patients.
- Monitor linen usage to ensure a continuous supply.
- Maintain certification/license/inspections of equipment to include DR and DXA.
- Perform Phlebotomy services for all PRP patients and interface with lab company for specimen pick-up.
- Facilitate and/or order refills of prescriptions.
- Maintain all necessary personal licenses and certifications.
- Assist in pre-certifying with insurance all necessary procedures, medical supplies (DME), surgeries. Maintain documentation of pre-cert status.
- Schedule surgeries including providing information to patients prior to surgery, arranging for special post surgical equipment, and following up on patients following surgery.
- Schedule PRP appointments and explain procedure to patients including pre and post PRP requirements.
- Organize IME paperwork to facilitate IME exams.
- Necessary phlebotomy, MA, and X-ray training and current certifications and licenses.
- Be organized and cordial with patients and have excellent administrative, computer, and EMR skills (particularly familiarity with eClinical Works).
- Anticipate necessary patient care to ensure efficiency of patient flow.
Job Type: Full-time